Bulk Updates is a feature that allows for multiple pieces of documentation to have updates made to them at one time. Enabling bulk updates in your lab class gives you the ability to Approve, Reject, Return, and add comments to many labs at one time.
Warning: Using bulk updates can be efficient for making simultaneous changes, but it carries the risk of unintended consequences or errors due to the wide-ranging impact of the updates.
A. Enabling Bulk Updates
B. Functionality of Bulk Updates in Labs
A. Enabling Bulk Updates
Note: To enable this feature you must have an Administrator role or be added to the course as a Course Admin.
1. Edit the course. This can be done through your School Admin role or the dashboard. The directions below use the dashboard route.
- From the main my.platinumed dashboard, click the dropdown on the grey and black tile Manage Courses.
- Locate the course you would like to enable Bulk Updates in the Lab class.
- Click edit under the Actions column.
2. Click the Platinum Planner tab.
3. Click the Classes tab.
4. Edit the lab class you would like to enable Bulk Updates in.
5. Click the checkbox: Enable bulk updates.
Note: you will see the warning, "Using bulk updates can be efficient for making simultaneous changes, but it carries the risk of unintended consequences or errors due to the wide-ranging impact of the updates."
B. Functionality of Bulk Updates
Labs- Manage Student Documentation
Ready to Review column
You can check the individual labs that you would like to Bulk Update or check the box at the top of the column to check all the labs at once.
Click Bulk Update above the Actions column.
If you see a Warning at the top of the page, that is indicating one or more of the labs have warning indications in them. There will be an exclamation point indicating which labs have warnings in them. Click Remove to pull all the labs with warnings out of the bulk update.
Click the dropdowns to view the details of the lab. If there are any warnings, they will be listed above the details.
You can then add Comments if desired.
Select Bulk Return, Bulk Reject, or Bulk Approve.
- Return: returning the documentation to the student.
- Reject: eliminating the documentation from the students' progress.
- Approve: accepting the documentation to be added to the students' progress.
Note: Bulk updates can only be made from the Ready to Review tab. Any changes in the other tabs are made individually.