Per out terms and conditions (TOS):
Platinum Educational Group explicitly prohibits the storing and/or retrieving, downloading, copying, cutting and pasting, transcribing, or otherwise duplicating or distributing, posting, or modifying any PEG content, information, or materials. All user must agree to the terms of service after creating their account and are reminded of the TOS and consequences of violation before they are allowed to take any tests.
What triggers the copy theft?
The user has to highlight and copy any part of the text, either by right clicking and selecting copy or typing the shortcut ctrl/command C.
What will not trigger the copy ban?
Just highlighting, hovering, or any other random key touched.
Consequences of violating PEG's copy theft policy:
The first violation will result in the user being suspended from the website for 3 minutes. A notification of this violation will also be sent to their School Administrators and Instructors.
A second violation will result in the user being suspended from the website for 5 minutes. A notification of this violation will also be sent to their School Administrators and Instructors.
A third violation will result in the instant termination of the user’s access from EMSTesting.com and/or PlatinumTests.com, and notification of the violation and termination of access will be sent to their School Administrators and Instructors.
Note: Any attempt to copy the question/stem and all of the distractors/answers will result in immediate termination of site privileges.
Note: Coping both the questions and the answers counts for 2 strikes.
Students agree to the copy theft terms and conditions many times on our site.
1. When they create an account and login for the first time. It is a part of our terms and conditions as stated above.
2. There is a toast on the dashboard that appears for all new EMSTesting student accounts. The only way for it to no longer appear is to select "I acknowledge" at the bottom of the message. If a student X's it away, it will reappear every time they log in until it is acknowledged.
3. Before every linear exam, adaptive exam, and when entering the Test Review (question/answer/annotation review) for an exam, there is a modal that pops up. The only way to proceed to the exam is to agree.
The following have been initiated as a result:
- If you copy an entire question along with the answer choices your account will be immediately banned. You will have no recourse and will be entitled to no refund.
- If you attempt to copy any part of a question, the first attempt will result in a 3-minute suspension of your account. The second attempt will result in a 5-minute suspension of your account. The third attempt will result in a permanent ban of your account with no recourse and no refund.
By selecting “I agree”, I am acknowledging that I am not permitted to copy, duplicate, transmit or utilize any other method of collecting and saving the items or anything associated with the items on the test I am about to take.
I further acknowledge that, if it is discovered that I have violated this agreement, my access to this site will be terminated and I will not have any recourse to reverse this action nor will I be entitled to any refund.
Terms and Conditions: